Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dream On Silly Dreamer

by Alex Stroup
Just finished watching Dream On Silly Dreamer for a DVD review I have to do for MousePlanet.

This isn't a movie that is going to be of interest to many people. For the most part it is a headshot documentary with Walt Disney Feature Animation artists in the weeks following the announcement in 2002 that Disney would be abandoning traditional hand-drawn animation almost completely. Artistically there isn't much of interest here though the animated sequences are very nice but if you have any interest in the history and inner-workings of Disney or just the animation industry in general then you should really try to lay your hands on a copy of this just for the insider's look it provides.

1 Comments:

Blogger jaydro said...

This is the kind of film that makes me think maybe I do need Netflix--probably won't play in a theater here, probably won't be stocked in a rental store, who knows if it will show up on one of the movie channels I get. With a DirecTV TiVo I just accumulate way too many movies I never seem to get around to watching anyway, so it's hard for me to justify Netflix. :-/

BTW, I did read the review at MousePlanet....

3/18/2006 05:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home