Thursday, March 22, 2007

Quote of the Week

by Count Olaf
Justin Timberlake:
"I'm the nice guy who follows through on the things he commits to. But I don't know if I'll be going through that sort of thing again. I feel like the Grammys used me for ratings."

Uhh...what else are they going to use you for, your rapier wit? Other than ratings, why else would an awards show be broadcast?

This almost reminds me of his Nirvana comment that he got flak for a few years back:
"There's different forms of rap that are pop. Nirvana was pop because they were popular. And so I think that's the whole concept behind the song itself."

Perhaps he shouldn't talk to the press.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, but he did a good episode of SNL, and was surprisingly decent in both Alpha Dog and Black Snake Moan, so I'm OK with him for now.

3/22/2007 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jackrabbit Slim said...

At the risk of threadjacking, what did you think of Black Snake Moan, Brian? I read The Nation, and they had an article on how racist and misogynist it was.

3/22/2007 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Uh, kinda been meaning to write a full review of it, and I'm still turning ideas over in my head about it. But suffice to say for now that I didn't think much of it.

3/22/2007 02:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home