Friday, March 17, 2006

"Enough is enough, I’ve had it with these snakes."

by LesterG

Those are the immortal words that signal the beginning of New Line Cinema's sure-to-be-massive marketing campaign for "Snakes on a Plane".

Not since the "Episode 1" teaser was released back in November 1998 has the world been so amped up for a movie trailer. That movie featured a wooden child actor, a jailbait Natalie Portman and Jar Jar Binks. This movie features Sam Jackson, hot flight attendants and snakes hiding in fat women's dresses.

Gentlemen, the wait is finally over. You will never be the same once you click here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

No, I am not joking.

3/17/2006 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jackrabbit Slim said...

The Hollywood Reporter is weighing in on the phenomenon of the SoaP buzz:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002234847

3/23/2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger LesterG said...

Wow. Has a major studio (pre-test screenings) ever paid for a week of reshoots just to appease an internet fanbase? Absolutely amazing.

The new logo is beyond sweet, btw.

3/23/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger LesterG said...

Fuck a t-shirt, I'm getting that logo tattooed on my forehead.

One of the potential taglines mentioned in the EW article (by a New Line marketing guy) is "If the food doesn't kill you, they will". How sweet is that?

I want this to be the cultural phenomenon of 2006. I envision pre-release Star Wars-esque lines at theaters across the country. Imagine hundreds of fans dressed as flight attendants and pilots... ALL OF THEM COVERED IN SNAKES.

3/23/2006 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger jaydro said...

I had been mostly ignoring SoaP, but they got me with that Hollywood Reporter article....

3/23/2006 03:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home