Monday, March 13, 2006

Meet Famed Japanese Director Kurosawa (the other one)

by LesterG
Some fairly cool news for any Asian film fans who live in the Northeastern US: Kiyoshi Kurosawa will be participating in a three day lecture / screening series at Yale University from March 24-26.

Anyone who has followed Japanese film in the past decade knows Kurosawa as the genius behind behind "Kairo" (Pulse), "Cure" and "Bright Future".

Yale will also be hosting the North American premiere of the director's new film "Loft" on Saturday with a Q&A immediately thereafter. All screenings / workshops are open to the general public free of charge. Pre-registration information and a schedule of events can be found on Yale's website here.

What can I say? Three days with one of my favorite directors ten minutes from my house. Sweet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I agree with you Lester, signing on for Kairo (Pulse).

For those that haven't seen it, it's a really quite artful, and very, very creepy horror film. Takes a while to shake it off.

The American remake looks like it copied it a bit too closely, so I'm not sure how good it'll be. Might turn out to be quite a hit, though.

3/14/2006 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey, Lester, you the Lester that sent in the tip to Twithfilm?

If so, good job, mate.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005490.html#comments

3/20/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger LesterG said...

Yep, I've seen very little publicity so I figured I'd send it to Twitch (knowing they're huge fans of Kurosawa). Those darned Yale kids mean well - but they're not exactly great about getting the word out.

Unfortunately, I had to bail on Thursday's program - but there's still a full weekend ahead. I'll definately report back on anything interesting.

3/24/2006 09:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home