Monday, March 06, 2006

Recent Comments

by Brian
As you've probably noticed, I've added "Recent Comments" to the sidebar. Note, this is simply some code I found in the Blogger help guide, and what it's actually doing is listing new comments by post order, not chronological order, so be aware. It doesn't work like I want it to yet (i.e., simple chronological order with the post title shown), but it's very tough to keep up with the comments, so it's better than nothing. I'll try to refine it as time goes on.

UPDATE: Found code at BloggerHacks which greatly improves the "Recent Comments" section. Now, as you can see, you get the commenter name and the title of the post they commented on. And, if you swipe the cursor over the title, you get a preview of what the comment says. Should be much easier to keep track of now. Thanks to BloggerHacks for some very complicated code that I would have NEVER figured out on my own.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Great work so far in getting the blog set up!

3/06/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Thanks, Joe. I didn't realize you had your own blog until Nic(k) mentioned it, but it looks great.

3/06/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Same here.

3/07/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Good work!

3/07/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Count Olaf said...

That comment preview is the bees knees. I can dig it.

In other news I had this crazy dream last night that bccarstens e-mailed me and said he quit his job to focus on this full time. My advice: DON'T DO IT!!! hahaa

3/07/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Not to worry, no plans on quitting yet.

I've managed to crack the code well enough to show the last 15 comments, instead of 10. I think that's better.

3/07/2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jackrabbit Slim said...

Testing to see if I can make this thing work. Otherwise, this is great stuff!

3/07/2006 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home