Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's Strictly Business

by Jackrabbit Slim


I don't play video games. I don't own a PS2 or an Xbox. I do have a Super Nintendo in the back of my closet. But if I were to go out and get a video game system, the Godfather game is what would tempt me. The whole notion of this tickles me tremendously, and that they got some of the original cast, including Brando! is delicious. Are any of you gamers interested in this game? If you end up getting it, let me know how it plays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

From all I've heard the game ain't all it's cracked up to be.

But if you want a good game where you can play a proper 30s gangster you should check out Mafia.

It's a few years old now, but I dug it. Quite realistically made, as far as these things go. Was cool driving around in those old autos, too.

3/29/2006 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, Chronicles of Riddick was very good. Good use of action and characters, cool atmosphere, inventive plot, though a bit short. In other words, everything the film wasn't.

Another well handled property was the Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, even if it wasn't based directly on any of the films. Best thing to happen to Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back. Still haven't played the sequel to that.

3/29/2006 03:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home