Thursday, May 11, 2006

Battered wife syndrome?

by Nick
So Chris was the first one to break the unspoken embargo, unless someone here's been posting under an alias.

Not that I blame you, bro, I was feeling the temptation as well. Much as many of us disagree with Wells, everyone here still reads him, I presume.

How many other people feel like posting, or have posted? While everyone will do as they wish, does anyone think we should have some kind of modus operandi, rules of engagement, for the blog at large?

Not that I think Wells will ever engage in the talkbacks personally. He'll just bask in the glow of having achieved a high count of clicks/comments, as per usual.

Can I also be the first to say that while I've been waiting for Wells to start with the blogformat for ages, it looks ugly as shit right now. Like Wired grown too big for its breeches.

5 Comments:

Blogger jaydro said...

Wells who?

I swore off reading him. Went back a couple of times, but couldn't go back with any regularity. Slipped up just now when I clicked on your link.

5/11/2006 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Looking again, Colin seems to have been first.

5/12/2006 05:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jackrabbit Slim said...

I suppose I would comment if I really disagreed with him on something. I would need the same kind of motivation that I would to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper.

5/12/2006 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger LesterG said...

"But you don't understand Jeff! he's changed...he really has!

Look, he just responded to some poster's comments about Poseiden!

Wow! He even just wrote a whole new post about their comments. You see? He cares about his readers!

I know things were bad in the past, but he's better now. Why can't you be happy for me?! I hate you!"

5/12/2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Professor Wagstaff said...

In hindsight, this sort of setup is something that should've been installed when the whole website began.

I think it would only be really worthwhile unless he actively participates in the responses. The signs are good so far, but then again the early signs were good with the chat rooms...

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the chat rooms haven't been shut down - they've been totally dormant apart from some spam since this site began. Is he even aware of how dead they are?

5/13/2006 02:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home