Friday, June 02, 2006

I ♥ Muties

by LesterG

From a USA Today article on Fox's plans for the X-Men franchise:

"The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies."

Ok, to geek out for a second -

I was pretty stoked about David O. Russell potentially doing the "Silver Surfer" film, but this easilly trumps it.

Emma Frost is one of the most complex (and entertaining) characters in the X-Men mythos. Originally written as a one-dimensional villain, she really came into her own during Grant Morrison's 2001-2004 run on the books.

Now, how the heck FOX is going create a viable spin-off film with her as the lead is a mystery - but this is certainly a project to watch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackrabbit Slim said...

The larger question is who is that woman in the photo, and what is going on? It looks like Russell is using his hand to force into a compromising position!

6/02/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

David and Emma are the only two forces powerful to erase from our memory what Brett Ratboy did to our beloved X-Men .. I hope this happens!

6/03/2006 06:12:00 AM  
Blogger LesterG said...

I with you, Reel.

But my gut is that this is beyond a longshot. Still, a man can dream.

6/05/2006 08:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw X-Men 3 last Saturday. I don't know, haven't mulled it over much, but so far my view is it wasn't that bad.

It wasn't intelligent in the way that #2 was, some things were a bit broad, and Frasier was ultimately a mistake as Beast.

But the parts that were the Phoenix saga were almost as good as one could have hoped, what we saw of Angel and Worthington was well done (think my sister got something of a crush there) and Ian McKellen was more awesome than I remember him being in previous films. I'd look forward to a Magneto prequel.

Not even Vinnie Jones was groan-inducingly bad (even if "juggernaut, bitch" was pushing it).

All in all, it was a good time at the movies. Which was more than one should have hoped.

But I still hope they get rid of Ratner after this.

And I don't care who Russell does, as long as he does a comic-book movie I'll be happy.

6/06/2006 11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home