Thursday, June 22, 2006

Opening in Dallas, 06/23

by Brian
It’s a very, very lean week:

Wordplay (trailer): I’m not a crossword puzzle fan. I don’t have the patience to figure things out, and I never know more than two or three things right off the bat. But, a good movie is a good movie, and this one’s gotten great reviews across the board.

Peaceful Warrior (trailer): This one has assuredly NOT gotten good reviews. Which is too bad, because it looks fairly interesting and Nick Nolte has been consistently good for a long time now. On the other hand, it’s not hard to believe that the director of Powder would make a bad film.

Waist Deep (trailer): Directed by Vondie Curtis-Hall, who way back in the day (1997) did a pretty decent movie called Gridlock’d, with Tupac and Tim Roth. Then he did Mariah Carey’s Glitter, unseen by me but from what I’ve heard, apparently not as decent. This one looks fairly routine, but I would be surprised if it were truly awful.

Click (trailer): The only Adam Sandler movie that I ever really liked (and I mean out of all his movies) was Happy Gilmore. This one looks especially bad, the presence of Chris Walken notwithstanding. It’ll be interesting to see how this one does, because I’d think that his main audience is rapidly starting to outgrow him, if they haven’t already.

Also this week, we have Spike and Mike’s Festival of Animation, which is not my thing but feels noteworthy nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home