Friday, October 27, 2006

Opening in Dallas, 10/27

by Brian
Catch a Fire (trailer): The only movie this week that I have a strong desire to see. Hopefully, it’s Good Phillip Noyce (Patriot Games, Rabbit-Proof Fence) and not Bad Phillip Noyce (The Saint? Sliver? WTF?).

Running with Scissors (trailer): Looked funny the first time I saw the trailer, but my enthusiasm has been steadily declining since. Those negative reviews are just so easy to believe. Also, does Evan Rachel Wood ever play anything other than a brooding teenager?

13 (Tzameti) (trailer): Know nothing about it … Nick, anything on this one?

Deliver Us from Evil: Oddly, the trailer’s been pulled from the Apple Trailers site, and it looks like Lionsgate has taken down the official website, too.

Driving Lessons (trailer): Yawn.

Conversations with God (trailer): Yawn, part II.

The Genius Club (trailer at official site): What on earth is this? From the IMDb: “Seven geniuses, with IQs over 200, are plucked from their lives on Christmas Eve to try to solve the world's problems in one night.”. That must be the stupidest premise I’ve ever heard of in my life.

Saw III (trailer): Noted without comment. Not much to say anyway.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

13 (Tzameti): Know nothing about it … Nick, anything on this one?

It's 13 Tzameti (no parenthesis). I got it at home now. Been meaning to watch it. Let me get back to you on that one.

The Genius Club

"Don't miss this intellectual duel of minds."

With Tom Sizemore and one of the Baldwin brothers.

Someone with a sense of humor made this.

10/27/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

And, hey, no Babel? We're getting it over here.

10/27/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

That sucks. I think Babel's only NY/LA this week. Supposed to open here in 2 weeks, I think.

The IMDb has "13 (Tzameti)", so that's what I used. Palm (the distributor here) is advertising it without the parentheses, though.

10/27/2006 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

That sucks.

Not for me, it doesn't.

The IMDb has "13 (Tzameti)", so that's what I used.

The main titles say 13 tzameti (watching it now, just taking a tea break).

10/27/2006 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Not for me, it doesn't.

Yeah, well The Prestige was freakin' awesome.

10/27/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Count Olaf said...

oh man...that was a low blow! Got him where it hurts! haha

10/28/2006 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'd say it was below the Babelt.

10/28/2006 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Strange. My Heroes comment doesn't show.

10/29/2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Ah, now it does. Never mind. Strange hiccup.

10/29/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home